AX Systems Admin / ERP Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
System Administrator Job Purpose: Solves organizational information problems and requirements by analyzing requirements; designing computer solutions; recommending system controls and protocols. Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new ERP.
Business System Analyst Job Duties:
- Designs/implements computer solutions by analyzing business requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications and procedures.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system procedures by writing and updating documentation to reflect system processes.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing training for users.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and by other methods as required by employer.
- And other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Preferred experience system migrations/implementations (Strong preference towards MS Dynamics AX)
- 3-5 years of applicable MSSQL/TSQL experience required
- Understanding of accounting software with a preference towards MS Dynamics AX
- Ability to create reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, and other reporting tools (SharePoint experience a plus)
- Understanding of DB architecture and best practices
- 4 year degree required in accounting, mathematics, MIS, or statistical related subject
- MBA a plus