Email Marketing Manager
Email Marketing Manager
The Email Marketing Manager will own the execution and optimization of direct marketing for all sites and industries under the Backcountry umbrella. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and executing on innovative database marketing strategies and integrated communications.
As the leader of a marketing team, the Email Marketing Manager is responsible for developing the marketing strategy and improving the operational processes of execution and deployment. The Email Marketing Manager will be accountable for driving revenue and customer loyalty while maintaining cost targets.
This position will work in closely with the Merchandising, Creative, Social Media, and Web Promotions teams to ensure unified messaging to our customers. The Email Marketing Manager will also ensure accurate and timely reporting, and present findings to management.
Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. Backcountry.com is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate eight online specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Dogfunk, SteepandCheap, WhiskeyMilitia, and Chainlove.
We offer the opportunity of a lifetime where you can connect your career with your passions. Our mission – connect people to their passions – begins with our team members. We live and breathe the outdoor lifestyle, whether on land or water, snow or sand, road or trail. We seek out and hire the most amazing talent we can find to come be innovative, fresh, and inspiring to take us to the next level of being THE global leader in outdoor specialty retail.
About the Job
- Plan, develop and manage execution of database marketing programs
- Utilize customer data to increase relevancy through targeted and triggered campaigns
- Partner with Customer Insights and Statistical Modeling teams to drive innovation in targeting and personalization in order to improve engagement metrics and response
- Manage customer contact strategy, co-owning campaign calendar with Visual Marketing Program Manager (who is responsible for promotion plan)
- Plan, test and execute email name-capture campaigns; partner with cross-functional stakeholders
- Analyze and communicate results, key metrics and file health statistics (capture source, growth rates, segmentation, etc.) on a regular basis
- Develop and execute quarterly and monthly testing and initiatives plan, reporting progress and incorporating key findings into future campaigns
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses upon request.
- Responsible for weekly reporting, including customer engagement metrics, trends, test results and campaign performance
- Partner with email and feeds development team to develop and implement email triggers that drive customer engagement and sales
- Develop annual sales and cost budget
- Manage monthly sales and cost forecasts; oversee monthly invoice accruals
- Interact with peers on other Liberty Interactive brands to share ‘best practices’ and cross-brand findings
- Analyze competitive marketplace and follow trends
- Manage and develop three direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree required (marketing preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in online marketing required
- 2-3 years of experience in email marketing required
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience required
- Strong understanding of Internet-based consumer behavior and direct marketing principles
- Proven ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Strong Excel skills required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong problem-solver and decision-maker
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent people and time-management skills
We Use the Gear We Sell
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k with a company match! And… have we mentioned the perks yet? We USE the GEAR we SELL. All team members are eligible for our amazing discount on gear – on Backcountry and our other sites, via pro forms, and through local retailers and partners in all of our locations.
We’re a casual dress, fun, thriving dot-com with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future for us and for you. Yes, there is more. A gear closet to fuel your passion to try new things before buying the gear yourself, adventure contests and leave to go explore, gold point recognition program with redemptions ranging from massages to gift cards to ski passes, fresh food co-op subsidies, and more. Lunchtime trail runs, group rides, powder mornings when based in Utah, and more. Does that appeal to you? It’s about a lifestyle, not just a job, and we support our team members in as many aspects of life as possible all while connecting them to their passions so we may better connect our customers with their passions.