Host – Downtown Squatters Pub
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As the first impression for the restaurant, the Host sets the tone for the dining experience. The Host is a courteous, caring and enthusiastic individual who champions the definition of “great service” by making the customer feel comfortable from the moment he walks in the door.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Takes pride in the host desk by keeping it organized and clean. Maintains and coordinates all activities at the host desk.
- Greets customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner and seats all customers as quickly as possible.
- Handles the wait list and communicates professionally with customers, answering questions and providing accurate wait times.
- Answers the restaurant phone, directs and fields questions, and handles “to go” orders
- Oversees and coordinates the retail sales for the restaurant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 6+ months equivalent experience.
Knowledgeable about the liquor laws and works in compliance with those laws.
Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
Ability to work day, evening or a combination of shifts on weekends and/or public holidays.
Strong organization and multi-tasking responsibilities and remains calm under pressure.
Stands and/or traverses restaurant areas for long periods; often times ascends and descends stairs.
Frequently moves, transports or lifts and up to 20 pounds.
Current food handler’s permit.
Current Alcohol server/seller permit (if over 21 years of age)