Overstock.com HR Coordinator
December 9, 2013
Job DescriptionHow to Apply
Department: Talent Management
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Job Description: HR Coordinator/Generalist is responsible for various aspects of HR functions, including payroll, benefits, workers compensation, personnel records, recruiting/staffing, employee relations, safety, training, and company policies, and must exercise discretion in delicate associate matters.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel and their locations; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and for the individual locations.
- Responsible for recruitment and selection process for all open positions in accordance with Company procedures and assures compliance with reporting, tracking and retention requirements.
- Advises management and associates in the interpretation and application of company policies/procedures
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Maintains all employee records in Oracle accurately.
- Depending on the location, the HR Generalist will be responsible for various department specific tasks. This list is not exhaustive, but is provided only for purposes of illustration:
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Maintains and administers the on-boarding process for all associates at their respective location
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Manages all staffing relation matters with the agency and their constituents, including but not limited to:
- Recruiting, recruiting ramp up planning, employee relations, payroll, accounts payable, workers comp claims, workforce retention, workforce forecasting, etc.
- All management and agency communication.
- Develops, implements, and executes employee appreciation events several times a year, including but not limited Employee lunches, Parties, and manager training programs.
- Develops, implements, and executes associate, as well as management training programs
- Partners with an HR coordinator to cover as many administrative and strategic roles as possible for their location.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the HR department management and/or location upper-management team.
- Will adapt to changes in job requirements, learning and applying new skills as needed to ensure the company’s success.
- Must have a degree in human resources or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Have 2+ years of exempt-level HR Coordinator experience
- Be computer literate, proficient in MS Office. Understanding of HRIS systems a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- PHR/SPHR certifications preferred