Senior iSeries Systems Administrator
Sr. iSeries Systems Administrator – DMS
The Sr. iSeries Systems Administrator is responsible for management, administration, and maintenance of all the IBM i systems within set constraints and react appropriately to situations. The Sr. iSeries Systems Administrator is required to utilize industry standard tools to report performance statistics to software engineers and pinpoint effects of new design elements for application optimization. The person in this position creates baseline performance metrics and determines effects of code optimization and technology implementations. This person interacts with other groups to accomplish business objectives within procedural policies. This position is based in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Manage, administer, and maintain IBM i systems, including DR systems.
- Manage, administer, and maintain DS8700 systems using Global Mirror.
- Design new system implementations and incorporate new product offerings.
- Manage the reporting system using Mimix
- Monitor enterprise-level Power systems to maintain performance levels within set constraints and react appropriately to situations
- Manage i5/OS jobs and system messages
- Control job environment through adjustment of system resources and subsystems
- Perform backup and restore operations
- Manage system and user security
- Coordinate system activities with other groups; such as Engineering, Networking, Open Systems, Customer Service, and Product; to deliver optimum solutions for the business
- Keep service levels high
- Identify effects of new product offerings on infrastructure and propose design ideas
- Utilize performance management tools for IBM i and project future trending in order to recommend proper upgrade specifications
- Research latest Power technology developments in order to design, spec, and implement the latest and best available technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or comparable experience.
- 5 or more years of experience administering enterprise-level IBM i Power systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, network sharing, DDM, HTTP, VPN, routing, switching, DNS, and digital certificates.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to react quickly and appropriately to high pressure/high impact situations and determine the best solution
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to take the lead, as appropriate
- Ability to maintain excellent customer service, internal and external
- Ability to provide system support 24×7, as needed