Software Engineer II
Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, make design decisions, and generate new ideas that will push products above and beyond?
Our Software Team has a need for a Software Development engineer to design, build, and maintain advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications for the US intelligence community.
The candidate will work with other experienced software developers in our Salt Lake City R&D office using cutting-edge engineering for the protection of our country. The candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment. The software you develop will be used daily by both highly-skilled analysts in operation control centers.
- 2+ years of experience of software development in C/C++ or equivalent.
- Linux familiarity and knowledge of Object Oriented design
- Effective communications (i.e. Oral, Written & Listening skills)
- Work effectively on multi-discipline teams
Applicants selected will be subject to a US government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience with UI development and QT
- Experience with languages such as Perl or Python
- Linux OS system administration skills.
- GIT or other CM collaboration tools
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP.
- Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing fundamentals.
- BS in a CS, CE, EE, or equivalent experience
Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.